The far more important explanation of why online GST registration is important is that it protects you from the difficulty of physically entering the Income Tax Office, which could be a long way from home. Other examples include simple and convenient registration on the Internet from the comfort of your house. You’ll be happy to find that the online GST registration process is not a daunting task.
You can do this on any computer that has a web browser and an active Internet connection. People are really engaged, and they often don’t have time to spare. Accordingly, the initiative recently launched by the Government of India is a prerequisite for online GST registration to be completed.
Under the current GST regime, any person or corporation delivering goods and services is registered under the Goods and Service Tax Act (GST). Then if you run a company with annual revenue of more than Rs.20 lakh (in all Indian states, other than North-Eastern states), you would need to register with GSTN (Goods and Service Tax Network).
When you register online with GST, you’ll get a variety of tools to help you file your tax returns, watch your standing, produce invoices and bills, and more. But you need to register online with GST and get all the facilities easily. In this post, we will be looking at How To Register For GST Online – Complete Guide On GST Registration Process Online.
If you have enrolled under this program, you can get a GSTIN free of charge (Goods and Service Tax Identification Number). After you have completed your registration, the central government will provide you with a 15-digit state code. There are certain drawbacks to the registration of GST, including the fact that you must have a valid identity as a seller. You can also use input tax credits to receive GST from recipients of goods and services.
Step-by-Step Guide to GST Registration Process Online
If you don’t know much about the GST portal/website, and if you want help with the online registration process, this step-by-step guide is for you to use to do your work. The procedure involved with applying for and registering for GST electronically is a very simple procedure and thus does not require hard copies of your documents. It’s a fully online and paperless operation. You may also have a scanned copy of any of the important documents that can be uploaded online via the GST Registration process. This easy solution would certainly save you a lot of precious time and effort.
Below are the steps needed to register with GST on-line, which will further allow you to access essential goods and services tax services (GST).
Steps You Need To Follow
- First of all, just open your web browser and visit the https:/gst.gov.in official GST website. Type or join a connection as defined here.
Note: You can reach the website from your desktop PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with an active Internet connection (Ethernet/LAN, Wi-Fi, or Hotspot). The web browsers that are supported are Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari.
- After accessing the GST portal, you will need to click the Services menu at the top bar, then press the Login icon and click the New Log option again. You will be automatically taken to the GST Login page to complete the online registration process.
- The online GST Registration page is split into two parts, Part A and Part B, which must be filled by you, whether you are a taxpayer, a carrier, or an individual.
4.The latest radio registration button will be selected automatically for you when you register for a new GST registration. It should also be noted that the fields with a red asterisk symbol signify that they are mandatory and that information must be supplied.
Note: The User Credentials and OTP Authentication sections can be displayed or noted at the top of the Current Registration Form. The details required to be decided by you as a taxpayer are set out in the following terms:
- In the “I am a” sector, select the option that best suits you from the drop-down list box. For example, if you’re a taxpayer, pick a tax payer.
- Outside the State/UT region, you will need to pick your chosen place of origin or state from the list you are given.
- And then you will be asked to type or enter the name of your district in the state you have selected (optional).
- You will need to offer the name of your organization that fits your business area with the PAN card.
- Type or insert your PAN number in the Permanent Account Number (PAN) area.
- 10. You will still need to have a valid e-mail address that you would usually use.
Note: Please verify that you have a legitimate e-mail address to receive an OTP code that will be sent to your e-mail address.
11.Finally, you need to have the right phone number in the Cell Number area.
Note: This is needed to get an OTP code on the phone number that you entered separately in the online GST registration process.
Twelve. Once you include or enter all the necessary information in the online GST Registration form, you will need to press the Proceed button below to begin.
- You will then be taken to the OTP Verification portion of the online GST Registration form, which will be shown on your phone.
- 14. On the Verify OTP page, you are required to enter the OTP code in the Mobile/Email OTP area that was sent to you on the mobile number and e-mail address you provided or submitted in the online GST Registration form.
Note: If you don’t have an OTP code on your phone and/or e-mail address, you may want to click Need OTP to be resentful? Click here, please. The OTP code will be sent back to you. The OTP code will only be eligible for 10 minutes until it expires.
- Click the Proceed button to begin after inserting the OTP code in the required location. Wait until the process is over.
It’s around 16. If the OTP authentication process is completed, the device will automatically generate a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) for you and you will be able to show it on your phone.
It’s 17. Again, press the Proceed button.
Eighteen. And you’ll be brought to the New Login page again, and you’ll need to make sure that you’ve chosen the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) option at the top.
- In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, you will need to enter the TRN that was previously created for you then complete the Captcha code and press the Proceed button to continue.
Twenty. After pressing the Next button, the OTP Verification page will be shown again on your computer. This time, you will get a new OTP code on your phone and e-mail address.
- Now just check your phone and e-mail that you have got an OTP code and type it in the Telephone or Email OTP area.
Note: The OTP code sent to your mobile number and e-mail address is only valid for 10 minutes.
- When you enter the OTP code, just press the Proceed button again and wait for the authentication process to be finished.
- After the OTP authentication process has been successfully completed, you can see the My Saved Application tab on your phone. You will be granted a maximum time of 15 days to apply your application online along with the correct information.
- Click the Edit icon (with a blue square and a white pen) in the Action column and take the next steps to fill in your GST Submission Form.