The GST Act mandates that any licensed individual or taxpayer who carries or induces a transfer of merchandise of a value exceeding Rs. 50,000 in relation to the supply; or for reasons other than the supply; or an inward supply by an unregistered party shall make an e-Way Bill accessible on the e-Way Bill website.
The Government of India has introduced an E-Way Bill (EWB) scheme to allow suppliers/transporters to set up e-Way bills for both intra-state and intra-state movements of goods. In compliance with the GST Regulations and in accordance with Rule 138 of the CGST Regulations, the Government has made it mandatory for individuals and corporations that are suppliers/transporters to draw up an E-Way Bill.
The laws of the E-way Bill specify that a certain number be obtained from the Government’s system for all movements of goods meeting the stated specifications, and that particular number referred to as the E-way Bill Number must be included in the shipment. In this article we will look at Generate Consolidated E-Way Bills – All You Need To Know.
A combined e-way bill is created if the merchant finds it necessary to move a number of shipments of goods in a single car. In other words, if a single vehicle holds a number of shipments belonging to the same provider, there is no need to deal with different e-way bills for each shipment, but a combined e-way bill can be produced. This would make life easy not just for the seller, but also for the courier, who would only have to carry a single sheet of paper. E-way Bills must be issued regardless of whether or not the flow of commodities is attributable to production or otherwise.
The dedicated e-Way Bill (EWB) platform has been introduced to issue e-Way Bills under the e-Way Bill scheme. The direct link to this portal is https:/ewaybill.nic.in/.
The National Informatics Center (NIC) has also launched the E-Way Bill APIs licensed by GST Suvidha Providers to help major organizations/transporters simplify the whole process by integrating their solution into the taxpayers’ ERP or the existing e-Way Bill system to deliver e-Way Bills in real-time.
What is E-Way Bill Consolidated (EWB)?
The Unified E-Way Bill (EWB-02) is a single text that includes a description of all E-Way bills related to shipments. If the supplier/transporter plans to transport a few shipments of goods in a single conveyance or car, he/she can use the Unified E-Way Bill function which is readily available on the E-Way Bill portal. However the supplier/transporter should be a carrier or in phase 1, it should have made its own e-way bills to use the consolidated EWBs facility.
Consolidated e-way bills shall be made at any time the supplier/transporter finds it necessary to carry a few shipments of goods in a single-vehicle. In other words, if a single vehicle carries more than one shipment belonging to the same retailer, there is no need to deal with separate e-Way bills for each shipment, but a combined e-Way bill can also be generated. This will not only make it better for the retailer, but also for the courier, who would only have to send a single document.
Prerequisites for the production of consolidated E-Way bills
There are a few criteria that need to be met before an individual can produce combined e-Way bills. These prerequisites are laid out as follows:
- Registration at the Bill e-way portal.
- You may have an Invoice/Bill/Challenge relating to the shipping of merchandise.
- The ID of the transporter or the vehicle no (for transportation by road).
- Carrier ID, Carrier Document No, and date of the document (for transportation through rail, air, or ship).
- Apart from these, the taxpayer should have all the E-Way Bills of the individual consignments to be shipped in a single conveyance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Consolidated E-Way Bill On E-Way Bill Framework Site
A retailer or carrier can produce a combined e-Way Bill for several shipments online through the E-Way Bill (EWB) platform using a few easy measures.
- The provider/transporter must access the https:/ewaybill.nic.in E-Way Bill (EWB) framework portal using a web server on their desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- When in the portal, press the Access button on the top right of the homepage.
- Enter your certificate (username and password) on the Login tab, complete the Captcha authentication, and press the Login button to activate the services offered by the E-Way Bill Framework.
- From the left pane, select Merged EWB and click Build New. You will be redirected to either the EWB-02 or the Merged E-Way Bill form.
- Click the Send button to proceed after entering all the appropriate details.
- If the files have been submitted successfully, you will be redirected to the Print Consolidated E-Way Bill Form, where you will see the information displayed on your screen.
- Note: A separate 12-digit Unified E-Way Bill No. is made for you. You may also print the details as it may be helpful in the case of products being delivered to the recipient or recipient.
- In the following chapter, we’ll show you how to print your newly created Merged E-Way Bill No.
How to Re-Generate and/or Cancel a Consolidated E-Way Bill
If there is a need or a situation occurs, the supplier/transporter can also re-generate his/her E-Way Bill through the E-Way Bill System portal.
This can be done through the following steps:
- Make sure you’re logging in to the E-Way Bill Framework portal. If you don’t, press the Login button and log in with your credential.
- From the left pane, pick Merged EWB and click Re-Generate.
- You will be redirected to the form where you will be asked to enter either the 12-digit E-Way Bill No or the date on which the merged E-Way Bill was created. You will also be asked to note the justification for the bill to be re-generated.
- After you have given the requisite information, press the Go button.
- Your Combined E-Way Bill will be produced and seen on the computer.
Consolidated E-Way Bills can be canceled, is the person may desire to do so, by simply clicking the Cancel option under Consolidated EWB on the Dashboard. The supplier/transporter will only be required to enter their 12-digit E-Way Bill No. and then submit by clicking the Go button.
Note: The changes can be made to the bill as soon as it is canceled.